Naracoorte Visitor Information
Welcome to Naracoorte
Naracoorte is a beautiful town located in the Limestone Coast region of South Australia. Known for its stunning natural scenery and rich cultural heritage, Naracoorte is a must-visit destination for anyone travelling through South Australia.
Things to do in Naracoorte
- Visit the Naracoorte Caves National Park - This park is home to some of the most spectacular limestone caves in Australia. Visitors can take guided tours of the caves and learn about their geological history and the creatures that inhabit them.
- Explore the Bool Lagoon Wildlife Reserve - This beautiful wetland reserve is a great place to see a variety of bird species and other wildlife. There are also several walking trails and picnic areas for visitors to enjoy.
- Learn about local history at the Sheep's Back Museum - This museum displays a range of artefacts and exhibits that showcase the history of the local area and its farming industry.
- Sample local wines at the nearby Coonawarra wine region - Just a short drive from Naracoorte, the Coonawarra wine region is home to some of Australia's best red wines. Visitors can visit the many wineries in the area and sample their wines.
Where to stay in Naracoorte
There are several great accommodation options in Naracoorte to suit all budgets and preferences. Some of the most popular options include:
- Naracoorte Hotel - This historic hotel offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant and bar, and easy access to all of Naracoorte's attractions.
- Naracoorte Holiday Park - This caravan park offers a range of camping and cabin accommodation options, as well as a swimming pool, playground, and BBQ facilities.
- The Barn Accommodation - This unique property offers self-contained accommodation in a converted barn. It's perfect for those looking for something a bit different!
How to get to Naracoorte
Naracoorte is located around 330km southeast of Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia. The easiest way to get there is by car, with the journey taking around 4 hours. There is also a daily coach service that runs between Adelaide and Naracoorte.
When to visit Naracoorte
Naracoorte is a great destination to visit year-round, but the best time to visit is between September and May, when the weather is warm and sunny. During this time, there are also several festivals and events held in Naracoorte, including the Naracoorte Cup Races in January and the Naracoorte Food and Wine Festival in March.
So what are you waiting for? Plan your visit to Naracoorte today and discover all that this amazing town has to offer!